Grayslake Gelatin is an unflavored powdered gelatin used to make jellied candies, marshmallows and specialty pastries. Grayslake Gelatin is a commercial strength product and will assure you perfect results every time. It is much stronger than Knox Gelatin and your perfect candies and pastries will prove it. Make it your secret ingredient wherever unflavored gelatin is called for.
1/4 oz=1 tbsp=1 envelope; contains 6.3 gms protein, 26 calories.
COLD–stir 1 Tbsp in1 glass beverage.
HOT–Soak 1 Tbsp in 1/2 glass cold liquid 5 min., add to hot liquid; stir till dissolved.
Breakfast: Mix 1 Tbsp per serving hot or dry cereal.
Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
Ingredients:150g canned pumpkin purï¿½e
20ml heavy cream
1.5 teaspoons gelatin powder
0.5 cup water
1 egg yolk
35g extra fine sugar
Method:1) Mix pumpkin purï¿½e, milk and heavy cream in a blender until smooth.
2) Whisk egg yolk and extra fine sugar in a bowl.
3) Place water in a sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin powder over it, set aside for 5 minutes. Then turn on low heat, stir until gelatin powder dissolve, remove from heat immediately.
4) Pour gelatin mixture into (2), making sure that the mixture is whisked constantly.
5) Add (4) into pumpkin mixture, stir until combine. Pour into two 10cm ramekins.
6) Keep the mousse in the fridge overnight. Serve with dollops of whipped cream.